Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Awkward Phase



Fall is sort of here, at least some days, so I tentatively pulled out my jeans from last fall.  You know, the ones that I searched and searched for, and then barely got to wear before I was pregnant again.  Miracle of miracles, they fit!  I was shocked because I still have about 15 extra pounds to get rid of.  

I think I have generally had a pretty healthy body image, but being pregnant for 18 of the last 24 months has sure taken a toll!  I don't even know how to dress myself anymore.  I managed to go shopping this week with both boys, which is an adventure.  My main goal was to find some tops that would be cute and easy to throw on with jeans or shorts.  Most of my shirts are a little snug right now, and would likely start rumors of a baby 3.  Or at least I feel self-conscious in them.  I need higher necklines, because I'm always carrying a kid that inevitably makes my perfectly modest shirt a little scandalous.  Shouldn't be too hard to find some cute, higher-necked tops, right?  Wrong!  I tried on a lot of shirts, and ended up buying one.  And a random dress, because I just can't help myself sometimes.  

So anyway, I kind of want to throw out my entire closet and start from scratch, but as my shopping outing suggests, that wouldn't solve the problem.  I need to remember that it took 9 months and a lot of ice cream to grow each baby, so I'm not going to go back to my old body in 2 (or ever, let's be honest here).  

In the meantime, I should probably start exercising again, and maybe cut back on the ice cream.

Tee & Jeans: Gap
Cardigan: JCF
Shoes: Target


5 comments:

  1. Aw, you look great! And I've never met a stripe I didn't love. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time I was looking for v-neck tees. It took way too many try-on's to find one that wasn't cut down into my cleavage. So you have my sympathies. Double sympathies because I still can't manage to find roomy casual tops to throw on with shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls not look good with a fat tummy because it changes their body figure so exercise is beneficial for health and to look smart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes its good to start workout again because yu should look smart and healty not for others but for your own self. Though its difficult to quit your favorite foods.

    ReplyDelete