Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Game Night




I wore this Friday night to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday with the family.  We went to the local board game cafe, which was actually pretty cool (if you are a nerd who likes board games, which we are!).  We ate dinner and then played a few games.  Spyfall was the first game we played and it was pretty fun, but so stressful!  Basically, everyone gets a card that has a location and an occupation on it, and then one person gets a card that just says spy.  The spy is supposed to figure out where the group is, before the group figures out who the spy is.  So you take turns asking each other questions to figure out who might be the spy.  This was not clear at all when we started playing, and I was the spy of the first round, while I was also trying to feed Mr. Baby!  I was so confused!!!  First, I thought everyone was in a different location, because their answers didn't make any sense.  Then they were actually confused about where they were, because the card said "Carnival" which some of them thought was the one in Venice, some thought was the one in Brazil, and some thought was just a good old-fashioned American traveling circus.  Needless to say, I did not figure out where they were.  But anyway, it was a pretty fun game.  You have to be specific enough in your questions and answers to not give away your location, but to make sure the other non-spies know you aren't the spy.

Anyway, other than the stress of being a clueless spy, it was a pretty fun night!

Scarf: Target
Dress: ON Maternity (similar)
Cardigan: Gap outlet
Belt: Chinese laundry
Shoes: JCF (exact)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun place to go. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for games! And yay for bow flats! How are you liking them? (As I type this I have the odd feeling we've already had this conversation... so I apologize if that's the case)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE nerdy board games! I have not played Spyfall before, but it sounds great! We have this awesome gaming center near our house that has a huge board game library. I will need to see if they have Spyfall there! :)

    ReplyDelete