Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Off to See the Wizard



Last week, I went to see the Wizard of Oz musical.  It was so much fun.  The crazy thing was people kept saying "oh, I didn't know Wicked was in town!" and I had to explain, "No, just the regular old fashioned version where good is good and bad is bad!"  

Fun fact: even though I am from Kansas and generally love musicals, I have only watched the Wizard of Oz movie in it's entirety one time.  I had never seen it until I was in high school and had my wisdom teeth out.  I got to rent movies to watch all day and I grabbed it from the grocery store video rental place.  Remember when that was a thing?  So that's the only time I have seen it.  There was an occasion in college where some friends tried watching it with Dark Side of the Moon synced up, but we stopped after about 15 minutes.  It was just weird.  Although, the munchkins dancing to Money was pretty cool.

Another fun fact: people think it's funny to call you Dorothy and say "we're not in Kansas anymore" when they meet you and find out you are from Kansas.  If you meet someone from Kansas and want to make this joke, just be warned.  They have heard it a million times and probably don't think it is funny.

Anyway, the show was great, and I was happy for another excuse to dress up a little bit.

Cardigan: JCF (exact in various colors)
Necklace: F21 (similar)
Dress: Loft (exact - on sale and extra 40% off!)
Belt: Madden (exact)
Boots: Madden (exact)

4 comments:

  1. Oh this post just made me smile! It is true about people saying that when they find out someone is from Kansas... or they ask you about the yellow brick road! I can't believe you didn't see it until you were in high school! Isn't it like a staple in any Kansan's home? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors in this dress are so bold and beautiful. They really compliment you. Haha yeah or people asking me about peanuts and peaches because I'm from Georgia. No. Just don't. I can only imagine that the Oz jokes get older much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only watched the Wizard of once in its entirety! I'm convinced I have the munchkin voice down when they say "follow the yellow brick road". I guess I'd say it's my hidden talent?

    I miss movie rental stores. There used to be one in my hometown that had quarter (or maybe 50 cent) rentals for older movies. It was also the only way I was able to get my fill of The Lion King and Aladdin. (I still don't own those movies and am assuming Santa won't bring them to me this year either.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fab! Love the print on this dress. And your Wizard of Oz fun facts :)

    ReplyDelete