Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dirty Dancing



One of my excuses to get dressed up these days is the Broadway Across America shows.  I know I say this every year, but if you are into musicals at all, you should really check out the season ticket options in your city.  Around here, the cost per show is pretty reasonable, and it's such a fun thing to do.  This is what I wore to see Dirty Dancing.  It was pretty much exactly like the movie, which I have only seen once, approximately 15 years ago.  So, okay, I probably don't remember the movie all that well.

Anyway, I was excited to wear this dress again.  It's kind of shapeless, but I'm cool with that at this point in my life!  I posted the awkward sideways picture to show that the back of the dress is the same print but smaller than the front.  I think that is kind of fun.  And hey, a night out without Mr. Baby meant I could wear a necklace (which he promptly grabbed when I was getting ready to leave).
The next show is The Wizard of Oz, and I'm really tempted to find a gingham dress and red shoes.  Too much?

Dress: Limited (similar in black)
Cardigan: Gap (similar)
Necklace: F21 (similar)
Boots: Madden (exact)

4 comments:

  1. you look amazing.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shift is still a shape and it looks great on you! Perfect for a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue gingham dress might be a bit too much, but the heels are a great (sexy) take on Dorothy's. The Wiz is on TV tonight. I think that will have to count as seeing a show for me. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty dress, Andi! I love the color, and the smaller print on the back is a great detail. I used to have Broadway Across American season tickets with my grandma, but when I got married and moved out of state for a few years, we stopped our tickets. I'm kind of sad about it - now that I'm back in the Twin Cities, I really want to look into season tickets again. I'm such a Broadway nerd, haha!

    ReplyDelete