Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

November Minsgame - Week #2

Another week into November, means getting rid of even more stuff!  Here's the details for this week:
  • 9 - cleaned out the kitchen sink cabinet - mostly found old cleaning supplies to trash
  • 10 - two of my favorite restaurants give you 32oz plastic to-go cups.  I like them, but have more than I need.  These are going to Goodwill
  • 11 - cleaned out the cabinet in our hall bathroom
  • 12 - cleaned out my makeup drawer.  I should probably toss more than this, but it's a start. 
  • 13 & 14 - for someone who rarely wears jewelry (even more so since Mr. Baby was born), I sure have a lot.  I found 27 jewelry items to get rid of.  So this fits for 2 days!  I'm going to try selling most of this, as it's in pretty good condition. I hope the consignment shop will take it!  
This is starting to get more difficult as the numbers get bigger.  I have to actually think about things instead of grabbing a handful of items.  But still, there's plenty of things in my house to get rid of, I just need to think of them!  


3 comments:

  1. I've done a similar thing - start with the easy things in certain areas, then commit to revisiting them later to give them more thought. I also had the same jewelry problem, haha. I hope selling goes well!!
    Laura
    @1girl2cities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that I've heard somewhere that most make up has a short life and that nothing really lasts 5 years. I finally got around to tossing things out that I know I got in undergrad (more than 5 years ago), and it was like "oh that was a lot easier than I thought. I don't even miss it now that it's gone".

    Do you have a desk? I find that's an easy place to get rid of stuff. I have so many packs of index cards and so many markers and colored pencils. But I'm not in a rush to get rid of them since they're organized nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, we have a TON of Dickey's and Which Wich cups at our house, too! In fact, I'm drinking out of a Dickey's cup right now, hahaha. We purged a lot when we moved, but we could definitely get rid of more!

    ReplyDelete