Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Book Review - Wonder


Wonder is a kid's book, which is why I hadn't read it yet, even though I've seen it all over the place.  I finally picked it up and am so glad I did.  It was a really sweet story.  August is a 5th grader who has pretty severe facial deformity.  Finally healthy enough to attend school after years of being home-schooled, this book follows him through 5th grade.  Chapters are mostly from his perspective, but also his sister and some of his classmates.  Palacio manages to tell a very heartwarming story without getting cheesy.  I may have even teared up in a few places.  I've always been a softy, but being a mom has made me even more sensitive when it comes to kids!      

1 comment:

  1. One of the girls I nannied recommended this book to me - I have it on my list to check out at the library! I just read "Out of My Mind" by Sharon Draper - it was similar in feel to this book (from what I understand). A quick read, but very touching!

    ReplyDelete