Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Book Review - The Martian


So after many months of being on the wait list, I finally got a copy of the ebook for The Martian.  You've probably heard of it, or at least the movie.  Well, I'd say it was worth the hype.  I really enjoyed it.

It follows an astronaut who gets stuck on Mars, and the story is mostly told through his daily entries in the log.  Obviously, he has some big struggles staying alive on a planet that humans can't live on.  I was a little worried I would get bored of the scientific explanations of what he was doing and why, but those parts seemed helpful to the context of the story.

Now I just need to find a time to see the movie and compare!




3 comments:

  1. This was basically my favorite book from last year. I bought it on a whim on our way to Paris and it was fantastic! I'm also worry about the scientific explanations in sci-fi, but I was able to follow everything in this book without any issues and it did make the book better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book! I finished it right before the movie came out and while I liked the movie, the book was so much better. I felt like they really tried, but they just couldn't capture his humor throughout the movie. I'd say more but I don't want to ruin the movie for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I need to add this to my reading list! I've vaguely heard about the plot through all of the hype over the movie. I really want to read the book and then see the movie!! :)

    ReplyDelete