Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Book Review - The Dinner



The Dinner is a book that I picked based on knowing nothing about it, per the reading challenge requirements.  It came up as a recommendation on my library ebook account and I thought the cover looked interesting.  And I'll give the library credit, because I thought it was an enjoyable read!

It is the story of two couples out to dinner and how their conversation tiptoes around a serious issue.  The narrator is one of the men and he fills in the blanks of what happened recently.  It's kind of suspenseful, as you learn bits and pieces of the story as the dinner progresses.  This isn't the kind of book where you particularly like any of the characters, but I'm okay with that.  Sorry my synopsis is kind of lame.  I feel like the best part of the book is how bits and pieces of the story are slowly revealed.  The summary on Goodreads gives too much away, so I'm glad I didn't know anything about this book when I started reading it!


No comments:

Post a Comment