Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Maternity Style - First Trimester


In order to avoid complete silence while I figure out this new mom thing, I've scheduled a few posts.  I figured it would be fun to recap my pregnancy with one outfit from each week.  Especially since I was posting a lot of stuff out of order in the fall.

I'm starting with when I actually knew I was pregnant, which is technically the 4th week.  (By the way, pregnancy months/weeks are completely counter-intuitive).

A few fun milestones from these weeks:

  • Week 9: had first doctor's appointment and got to see the baby on the ultrasound, and see the heart fluttering.  
  • Week 10:  John's birthday was this week.  We told his parents after birthday dinner, and then FaceTimed with my parents to share the exciting news.  Needless to say, they were all pretty thrilled!
  • Week 12:  I turned 30!  
  • Week 13:  Had another doctor's appointment, got to hear the heartbeat again, which was my favorite thing before I started feeling kicks.  
Anyway, I spent the first trimester trying not to look pregnant, and wearing things that I would soon outgrow.  I'm relying on belly bands in several of these outfits.  I was also really loving my knit pencil skirts!  


4 comments:

  1. It's so fun to go back and look at pictures of you when you were pregnant and we didn't know it yet! I'm liking these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this recap. Week 13th is my favorite outfit your wore.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I feel like most women have the same goal in the first trimester--not to look pregnant! You look great in all of these looks, but I think my favorites are week 6 and week 13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfits! I especially love look #5--that leopard print skirt is fierce!

    Sabrina
    www.babymoonadvice.com

    ReplyDelete