Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Budget Rewind - March 2014

March Shopping

With a year of possible wears, let's see how my March 2014 purchases are holding up:

Good
JCF Mint scarf: $10 (originally $35) - blogged 4 times, but worn many more times.  I'll definitely be wearing it more this spring!  
JCF Yellow Cardigan: $12 (originally $55) - I just can't get enough of these JCF Clare cardigans.  
Gap White tee: $9 (originally $30) - something about a white tee with a little bit of interest is just perfect.  I really love the subtle floral pattern in this one.  
Gap Blue camisole: $4 (originally $20) - I mean, it's an undershirt and I wear it all the time.  

Medium
F21 Gingham shirt: $20 - after searching high and low for the perfect gingham shirt, I found this one.  And then it shrunk the first time I washed it.  I'm still making it work as a layering piece, but it isn't wearable alone (too much button gaping across the chest!)      
Gap Blue/white printed blouse:  $14 (originally $40) - I really like this top, but I've hardly worn it.  I'll try to make it up!  

Bad
Old Navy Polka dot blouse: $12 (originally $33) - it seems like I have only worn this once.  That's terrible.  I do still like it, but maybe it's time to send it to a better home?  

Other
Printed shirt: $15 (originally $65) - I returned this shirt.  It was just too weird, even for me.  So hooray for realizing that before I wore it! 


Not a great month, but not terrible.  For what it's worth, I'm finding these budget rewind posts really help me think about what I am buying - like what will I think of it in a year?  I think that's a good perspective, so I'm going to keep at it!











4 comments:

  1. This is a very cool post. I've been going back and looking at my collages, now that I can, and looking at what I've gotten rid of what I'm adding this time. It's a neat thing to observe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the socks?? haha jk. But seriously, since doing these posts, when I shop, I no longer ask myself "how much do I like this?" or "how will I wear this?" but rather "will I still love this in a year?" .. I forgot to ask myself that when my brain shut off and I bought a $5 scarf at Target last week, but now I'm thinking about returning it because I probably won't love it next year. But at the same time, if I wear it 5 times, doesn't that make it okay? So tough. At least you were able to realize you didn't like the print shirt before it was too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do love these rewind posts! Those drapey, chiffon shirts that Old Navy sells periodically really are problematic to style, aren't they? I think you talked me out of a striped one I reviewed on the blog a couple months ago, and I'm so glad you did. The sheerness makes it tough to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally intrigued with these budget rewind posts, Andi! I'm definitely thinking about starting to write these kinds of posts - perhaps when my year of no shopping is done...who knows? But it's such a great way to reflect on your purchases and see what gets plenty of wear in your closet, and what things might have been pure impulse buys.

    ReplyDelete