Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Starry Skies



This tee shirt makes me happy, because it's just a basic navy tee, but then it's covered in glitter.  It reminds me of a starry sky.  And more specifically of that line from the Incubus song where he says "the sky resembles a back-lit canopy with holes punched in it".  Which I thought was a super romantic and profound description when I was about 15.  And I still think it's a kind of cool line.

As a city girl, I don't get to see the stars as much as I wish I did, especially in the winter when it is too cold to be out at night.  I don't particularly like camping, but I do love getting out away from the city lights to see the stars.  I took an astronomy class in college, and I've forgotten most of the things we learned.  My professor was an old British guy with a terrible stutter who apparently was really into medieval instruments on the side.  He was a character for sure, but I wish I remembered more of what he tried to teach me.  As is, I can pick out just a few constellations.  My favorite is Cassiopeia, because it's just a big W and pretty easy to spot most of the time.

Cardigan: Gap
Tee: Gap Maternity
Jeans: Old Navy Maternity
Shoes: Old Navy

8 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the geology class I took in college. I wish I could remember more! Your top is beautiful though! And paired with the pink it almost looks like the end of sunset with the colors and stars starting to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you took astronomy! I'm pretty sure that wasn't available at my college. And this outfit is so cute! The tee is super fun, and I love the pink cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool that you took astronomy! I'm pretty sure that wasn't available at my college. And this outfit is so cute! The tee is super fun, and I love the pink cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone once told me I was cool because I have Cassiopeia on my face. (My birthmarks make the 'w'.) I also used to think Incubus had such profound lyrics. Your glitter tee is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool tee, Andi! I love the glitter!! I distinctly remember the first time I ever really saw stars. I was a freshman in college, and I went to one of my roommates' hometown in rural Minnesota. We were walking out to the barn and I looked up and saw a clear sky with huge, bright stars. It was one of the coolest moments ever for this city girl! Now that I live in rural Minnesota myself, I am lucky enough to see the stars a bit more often, and I still can't get over how beautiful they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything with a little glitter is great in my book! I also love a great view of the stars. I definitely don't see them in D.C. much...that's another reason why it's so good to get back home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I hardly ever see you in jeans. You look so good in pink. It makes your face so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Basic t-shirt with glitter?? Love, love that! I wanted to take an astronomy class in college, especially because it would have fulfilled my lab science credit, but they only offered it on the Summer term (boo!) I ended up taking Physics which was NOT my cup of tea, but one of my now best friends was my lab partner so that was fun.

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete