Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Denim and Lace



I kind of felt like a poser in this outfit.  I really liked it, but it didn't feel like me for some reason.  Like I was pretending to be a cowgirl or something.  But I have wanted a lace dress forever, and navy seemed like a good color for it, so I am glad I got the dress.  I'll try a more "Andi" outfit next time I wear it.

DISCLAIMER: This was worn in mid-November, before the arctic temps arrived.  I'm getting closer to caught up, I promise!  Soon it will all be brown grass or snow in my pictures!

Dress: Younkers (similar)
Pearls: Gift (similarsimilar)
Jacket: JCF (exact)
Belt: Gap (similar)
Boots: Steve Madden (exact)

6 comments:

  1. My order is all over the place! I still have some from early November, too! This dress is adorable! Can't wait to see how else you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have worn an outfit before that felt too "cowgirlish." I don't think that about yours at all but I know what you mean! Maybe if we aren't used to the look, it feels a bit costumey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling like a cowgirl is the worst. Which is funny, considering I see so many pins on Pinterest for cowgirl inspired weddings (like where the bride wears cowboy boots under her wedding dress). I don't know why lace and denim looks so good in the magazines and then just falls flat in real life. I really like your navy lace though. I don't think I've ever seen a lace dress in navy, so that makes it special and interesting (IMO). I'm planning on wearing mine next week with a cardigan. (Sorry for random disjointed thoughts. It's one of those days.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit. I have also felt like a cowgirl in some outfit. I think its the cowgirl boots that do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I think you look super cute in this outfit, Andi! I really like the pearl necklace with your dress. I think that dress is so pretty, and you look lovely in it - I can't wait to see how you style it next!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cute outfit! But I get what you mean. For our rehearsal I wore a dress with boots (but no tights, which I've never done before!) and kinda felt the same way!

    ReplyDelete