Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Book Review - The Eyre Affair



The Eyre Affair is a weird book, but I loved it.  I don't even know how to summarize this book without giving away all the fun bits.  Let's just say our main character is a literary detective, in an alternate reality involving time travel, literary terrorism, and even some vampires.

From the title, you might guess that Jane Eyre is important, and you'd be right.  I haven't actually read Jane Eyre, but I did see the movie a few years ago, so I knew enough to get by.

My main complaint was that I kept forgetting our narrator was a woman, because the voice just sounded like a guy.  And really, who am I to judge whether a voice is manly or womanly?  So just a minor gripe.

This is the first in a series of 7 so far.  I'll probably plan on picking up the sequels before too long.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting! I will be adding it to my (very long) reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss, another book to add to my list of books to read!! Thanks, Andi! (Although I may need to actually read Jane Eyre or watch the movie to follow what's going on first, haha!)

    ReplyDelete