Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

#4 - Inspired, but Not Really





When John saw me in this outfit, he said "You're wearing a necklace like a normal person."  I have no idea what that means.  Then he said "You look very housewifey."  Also, no idea. If I was a housewife, I'd probably just wear yoga pants all the time.  It's probably good that I'm not a housewife.  He's been saying the weirdest things about my outfits lately.    

I actually wore this a couple weeks ago when I met Ginny for lunch.  We had this whole scheme to meet before Shorts Week, and wear shorts outfits, and take pictures and totally blow everyone's minds with our amazing skills of theme week!  But then I had to dress up for work that day, because we had clients visiting the office.  So, we still had lunch, but our shorts plans were foiled.  And then we forgot to even take a picture together. 

Just one other thing about this particular outfit.  My intention when I started getting dressed was to copy Kate's outfit.  Then I remembered that I couldn't wear jeans that day, so I was going to wear my white skirt with my navy/white striped sweater.  Then I saw this lace-front sweater in my drawer and grabbed it instead of the striped one.  Then it felt kind of bland with the white skirt, so I traded that for the pink skirt.  And then I remembered this pin, and thought it'd be fun to match my necklace to my skirt.  And that's how my outfit ended up looking absolutely nothing like my original inspiration. 


Sweater: Loft Outlet (similar, similar)
Skirt: Loft (similar maxi, similar mini, similar knee length)
Necklace: H&M (similar, similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (option, option)

14 comments:

  1. Haha well all that swapping worked out because this outfit is adorable! I'd be confused about your husband's necklace comment too. How do you wear your necklaces otherwise, and how is it not like how the normal people do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this outfit. Maybe he means like classic housewife. I do get a little June cleaver vibe with the full skirt and the pearl-look necklace. The colors are fantastic together. The pink in the skirt brightens up your cheeks and it's nice that it's not too close to your face. It makes the entire outfit brighter in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this outfit is super cute! I love this skirt :) It's so funny how our original ideas for outfits are sometimes never how they end up. Happens to me too! Oh well, I suppose as long as we get dressed, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is definitely so cute on you! I think ideas always end up all crazy sometimes so it's okay! You look great in this outfit! I always have a outfit in mind then when I do it...I'm like..no way! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that shade of pink is so pretty! And housewifey? I don't know. Haha. I DO know that you look feminine and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is hilarious! So true that it just works like some days. I absolutely love this look though, so I'm glad you ended up with it! I never think to combine pink and navy but it's a combination I need to remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! The detail on the top is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a totally lovely outfit! The navy and pink together are a really nice, classic looking combination - and even though you ended up switching things out I can see the inspiration photo and how it led to this outfit.
    Also - I am a housewife and I will totally agree that it's very difficult to NOT wear yoga pants every single day. I try to blog about what a Mama actually wears, if you're interested! (www.whatmamawear.blogspot.com for future reference - though, there will definitely be yoga pants, lol.) I may have to use your lovely outfit for inspiration though! Love your blog too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this look! Navy and coral is one of my all time favorite combinations, so I would totally rock an outfit like this. I'm actually wearing a necklace very similar to yours today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though this turned out totally different than what you originally thought, I love it! That sweater is so cute with your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! Seriously! I love the colors, I love the details, it's perfect! It's definitely my favorite of your 30x30 so far, and I'm guessing it will be at the end of the month, too. I don't know how to make this outfit my own, but it's going to happen. Just you wait. (But don't hold your breath.)

    And good job finally wearing your necklace like a normal person. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I reallllly like this outfit, Andi! The color scheme is lovely, and I think that sweater is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super adorable - your take on that cute pin. I pinned this look of yours myself. And I own that "normal necklace" in red. =D

    ReplyDelete