Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Victory in Gingham




After searching and complaining for almost a year, I finally found the perfect navy/white gingham shirt a few weeks ago.  I had gone to the J.Crew Factory with the intention of buying this one, but they didn't have my size.  I figured I would just order online, but then I saw it was back-ordered, and wouldn't ship until July.  Nope, not waiting that long!  Then I found this one at F21.  I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of being "plus size," but this shirt is exactly what I was looking for, and it fits like a J.Crew large, so I just have to suppress my irrational fear of plus-sized-ness.  Besides, no one else will know.  Oh wait, I just told the whole internet.  Oops...

Also, 2 quick stories about necklaces:

  1. It's hard to see, but I'm wearing the necklace that I won from Brynn's giveaway. My husband was like "cool antler necklace!" and I was like "it's not an antler! It's a tree branch!" but he doesn't believe me. 
  2. The day I bought this shirt, I also bought a fun nautical necklace at F21.  It looks like this.  I can't find it anywhere.  I'm worried that it was still in the bag and got thrown away.  I mean, it was only $1.80, but I hope I find it!         
Oh, and I don't really believe in April Fools Day, so all of the above stories are true.  And I will try not to believe anything that I hear today.  


Shirt: F21
Skirt: Sunny Leigh
Shoes: Old Navy

8 comments:

  1. I hope you find the necklace soon. I don't do April fools day either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the necklace. Opposite-of-bummer about the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April 1st gives me anxiety all day, I'm glad you haven't tried to fool us! I really like your shirt. I am so set on finding a black and white gingham shirt but I feel like it doesn't exist. Jim thought this exact necklace was an antler the first time I wore mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for finding the perfect gingham shirt! i probably wouldn't have believed in how great they are myself until i found one at the goodwll... now i am so glad i have it in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you found a shirt that works for you - I LOVE it, and I know you're going to remix the crap out of it :) I'm so glad you're wearing the necklace, too! It looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that shirt with that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to soak your panties with my semen

    ReplyDelete