Pages

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Green Week - Dress Remix





When I planned this Green theme, I didn't even think Third Thursday Threads falling in the same week.  No worries!  Bri picked a theme that I can work with - remixing! It also works out perfectly to join in on the Many Days, Many Ways party! 

I seriously love this dress, but the first day I wore it, I quickly became self-conscious about the slit in the front - it's way too low to be worn without a little extra coverage, and a camisole just wouldn't look right at all.  Good thing scarves are so popular!

Then I bought this blouse and decided to try the old "blouse under a dress" trick that Kate is so good at.  I still think it would look better with a scoop-neckline, but I think it still works pretty well.  And I LOVE how the green of the dress brings out the green dots on the blouse.

Anyway, remix!  Here's my collage of 5 ways to wear a pretty green dress.  *Standing in front of white garage door is optional*
1/2/3/4/5
Dress: Banana Republic Outlet
Blouse & Shoes: Old Navy


Linky info is after the jump!  




11 comments:

  1. That is seriously a cute dress! I love it with the blouse underneath and it looks great with a scarf, too! The love for symmetry in me also appreciates you put the non garage door pic in the middle of the collage! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute dress! You have definitely remixed the heck out of it. The blouse is great layered under it. Plus, the one with the scarf is really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute dress, and you've worn it so many great ways! I really like how it looks today over the blouse. I tried the dress over a blouse thing a few weeks ago but it felt really constricting and awkward so I changed before I went to work. I'm going to try it again with a different dress and see if it works out better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This always happens to me! I saw an idea on Pinterest I may try, you layer a tank between the shirt and the other article of clothing and it help with the bumps and pulling. I'm afraid it will add even more stuffiness though!

      Delete
    2. Yep, I have tried that a few times. As long as the tank is pretty thin and tight, it doesn't add too much bulk.

      Delete
  4. I love this dress, and really like the way it looks layered over a blouse! Also, those shoes are super cute! All together, a terrific outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green is definitely your color :) my favorite is with the striped blazer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this outfit is awesome Andi! I love every part of it- the blouse you paired the dress with, those great shoes, and of course the dress itself!

    I don't have much green in my closet and I don't think it's happening this week :( bummed I couldn't participate but I'm glad you had a great turn-out at least!

    ♥ perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks SOOOOOO good together. Navy + green is a favorite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, I sincerely love this, Andi! I think the navy and green look fantastic together, and the dots on your shirt are just darling! :)

    ReplyDelete