Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Neglected Chevron Skirt



My first real blog post was about refashioning this skirt.  I really thought I'd do more sewing posts on the blog, but then I don't do as much sewing as I expected I might.  But this was a good project, and I was very happy with how it turned out.  And then I haven't worn it for just over a year!  What's up with that?  It doesn't transition into summer at all, so I think it just got moved to the back of the skirts and I forgot about it.  I'll have to try wearing it in the next month before it starts to warm up.

My first outfit post featured this pink cardigan.  I've worn it a lot over the years and it's getting a little faded.  I got a sort of replacement for Christmas, but it's a little bit of a different shade, so I'm not sure I am ready to get rid of this one.  I'm allowed to have 2 pink boyfriend cardigans, right?  

Linking up with
What I Wore Wednesday 

Cardigan: Marisa Kristina
Top: Gap
Necklace: InPink
Skirt: Kenneth Cole refashioned by me
Boots: Steve Madden

9 comments:

  1. What a great skirt! I wish I had time to sew too, because there are so many great patterns out there. Loving the bright pink and black and white together. One of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are allowed to have as many pink cardigans as you deem necessary! Such a cute skirt! Too bad it can't be a summery skirt, too! I just love the pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that skirt! I swear - I always have these good intentions to sew all the time, but it just doesn't happen as often as I would like :)

    I have done the exact same thing with a "replacement item!" I bought a white cardigan to replace another faded one that I had but the old one has shorter sleeves and now I am really doubting whether or not I can get rid of it. For now, I support you holding onto both pink cardigans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. You may keep both your cardigans, you have my permission =) Cute skirt, and so cool that you refashioned it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, yes, yes, you may keep your cardigans. I honestly realized that I have like 2 cardigans and not even a black ONE! How is that even possible?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and I both have such similar looks today, love this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, hell, I have like three white blazers, so you can have all of the pink cardigans you want, Andi! Why doesn't this skirt transition to summer? Can you spruce it up with a pink tee just like your cardigan? It just looks so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sweater turned skirt? Awesome. Also, as long as you wear your cardis, you can have as many as you want. I almost bought a cobalt blazer, until I realized I have a cobalt cardi and cobalt-ish boyfriend cardi that don't get enough wear. I second Danielle's comment -- would pairing it with a bright top not work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a chevron skirt--great selection you've made! I will have to try one on now!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete