Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Literary Junkies




It's the Third Tuesday of the month, and that means LITERARY JUNKIES DAY!!  I'm very excited to be co-hosting the linkup this month.  See all the details below!  

Here are this month's questions and my answers:

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it! 
I'm almost finished with The Girl You Left Behind.  It starts out in France during WWI, and then moves to modern day London.  So far, I like it!  

2. What books are on your bedside table at the moment? 
Right now, I don't have any books on my bedside table!  I usually have a stack of library books, but I don't have any checked out at the moment.  I'm reading The Girl You Left Behind on my Kindle app, so I don't even have that sitting there!  

3. Amazon recently released the 100 books to read in a lifetime. What did they miss that you would add? 
I would add East of Eden and A Tale of Two Cities.  Oh, and The Chronicles of Narnia (at least #1). 

4. Are there any books being published in 2014 that you are anxiously awaiting? If so, what are they? 
 There are 2 that I am very excited about - Edge of Eternity and Landline.  I keep checking the library website to see if they have pre-ordered copies yet.  I want to get on the waiting list ASAP!  

5. Name the next 3 books in your To Be Read List (the ones you will be reading next on your list.) 
This will mostly be based on when my holds are available from the library.  So, my next book will be The Good Luck of Right Now, because it is ready to pick up.  After that, I don't know.  I'm hoping I will get Serena and What Alice Forgot soon, so I can read them for our next 2 book club chats!

Sweater: Gap
Scarf: Target
Jeans: Limited
Boots: Wanted

Pink Heels Pink Truck
Hello Fellow Book Lovers! It's the 3rd Tuesday of the month...Literary Junkies Link Party Day!! And Literary Junkies Book Club Twitter party (tonight at 7pm CST). A time where all our fellow book lovers get together and share our love and joy of books! Grab our button, grab the questions below, write your post and link up with us!! LITERARY JUNKIES HOSTED BY LIFE WITH A SIDE OF COFFEE AND PINK HEELS PINK TRUCK YOUR JANUARY CO-HOST: ANDI JUST ANOTHER SMITH Andi at Just Another Smith 
Now it's your turn! Grab the questions, grab our button, mingle with your fellow #LiteraryJunkies and link up your post below.

17 comments:

  1. Oh man I just got seriously sidetracked with the Amazon list and looking up each of the books you mentioned! I really love this outfit, I've been looking for a navy sweater just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Cute outfit! I'll have to add "The Girl You Left Behind" to my list! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to pick up Serena too- and Reconstructing Amelia is next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that scarf! It looks so good against the navy blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute outfit!
    A few more books to add to my 'to read' list. :)
    Thanks for co-hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start reading more books. Great scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely loved The Girl You Left Behind! Definitely pick up Honeymoon in Paris too - it's a sort of companion novella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking forward to Landline and The Good Luck of Right Now as well. Serena and What Alice Forgot are so good!

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/02/18/literary-junkies-14/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost bought a black sweater from Old Navy this weekend, but then I found the same one in navy. I spent way too long going back and forth between the two, and I finally gave up. Now I'm thinking I should have got the navy one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked The Girl You Left Behind, and I'm on the library waiting list for our March and April picks too. Whenever a book comes in, that's the next one I read - but I always have a few on my Nook so I'm never without one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Girl You Left Behind sounds really good!! A Tale of Two Cities would have been an excellent addition, I was having a hard time thinking of one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Narnia is a good shout, everybody should definitely read those!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes my English teacher heart so very happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sound like me with checking the library to see if you can pre request it. I was like that with a few books. It pays off though when you're high on the list instead of in the hundreds. I waited around to request Nicholas Sparks' newest book and I've been waiting a couple of months now and I'm still like # 300 something...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Landline sounds kind of awesome, gonna have to put that on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVED The Girl You Left Behind! Add The Perfume Collector to your list if you haven't already read it. Thanks for being our co-host this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the colors in this outfit, especially the winter white.

    ReplyDelete