Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

#9 - Blackout Week!




Sometimes I start a challenge and then I find out about another challenge.  And then I just do all of them at once.  It might not be the best plan, but whatever.  You can read all the details on the Black Out Challenge here.  The short story is to not wear black for a week  (or as many weeks of January as possible).  Since about half of my 30x30 items have some black in them, I couldn't do the whole month.  But I think I can manage a week with the other half of my items.  Hooray for non-black neutrals!  So this is outfit number 1 of the Blackout challenge, and outfit number 9 of the 30X30.  Warning - this polka dot top may be in most of my non-black looks!

I really like the top/cardigan/skirt part of this look.  I think it would be much cuter without tights, and with my navy ankle strap flats.  I just might have to redo it in the spring.   

Cardigan: Old Navy
Shirt: J.Crew Factory
Skirt: Gap
Tights: Target
Boots: Steve Madden

10 comments:

  1. Oooh the Black Out challenge is a good idea. Black is not one of my favorite colors, but I do wear it a lot at work. It's just so easy! I might need to think about doing a challenge like this sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love to wear black. This is a great challenge to get out of that habit! I love the colors in this outfit. I just got a similar skirt, so the red and polka dots are great inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is cute! But I can also totally see it as a spring/summer outfit like you described. The blackout challenge is so perfect this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely see this as an outfit in the spring/summer like you described. That skirt seems like a really versatile piece to play with for all seasons. Good luck with all your challenges! I would get so confused or frustrated and give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will never, ever tire of black and white polka dots or even polka dots in general!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do love that skirt! I do have to admit that I don't think I would survive more than a day or two without wearing black...haha. I'm excited to see the looks you come up with though!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Combining challenges just makes it more fun. I'm trying to avoid black lately too--life's better in color! :) You look fabulous!

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks awesome and I especially love the coloured tights! Thanks so much for taking on the January Black Out Style Challenge! You get bonus points for doing 2 challenges at once!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this glittery skirt! this outfit looks very festive to me so I would totally keep it in mind for next Christmas season!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Priya. This is a festive and colorful outfit. Brave of you to pair Red with Gold, Cognac & Purple. I wear Black very rarely these days so this challenge would be something I would do and enjoy. Too bad I didn't know about it.

    ReplyDelete