Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

#16 - Book Nerds




Literary Junkies Day!  Here are this month's questions:

1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it.

I just started David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.  Not very far in yet, but I've really enjoyed his other books.  

2. Out of the 16 books that will be turned into a movie adaptation, which one are you most looking forward to seeing this year? (Article Link)

Can I pick three?  I think I'm most excited about A Long Way Down, because it is my favorite Nick Hornby book.  I didn't even know they were making a movie until I saw this list, so I'm pretty excited.  Plus, it has Jesse Pinkman in it!  I'm also excited/nervous about TFIOS and Divergent.  I loved both books and hope the movies are worth seeing.

3. What was the worst book you've ever read?

Worst book I've ever finished reading: The Casual Vacancy
BUT I've stopped reading a few that were just terrible:  Atonement and Eat,Pray,Love

4. What foods or beverages have you spilled on a book while reading? Anything good?

Ummm, I don't think I've ever spilled anything noteworthy.  I don't usually eat while reading (except Cheerios which don't really matter when spilled).  

5. Do you pictures characters as popular film or tv actors? Or do you create a whole new person in your head?

I don't really make a picture in my head when I'm reading.  But sometimes I am surprised when the movie comes out at what the characters look like, and I can't always explain why or what is different than I expected.  So I guess I subconsciously picture the characters, I just can't articulate it. 

6. Out of all the authors you've read books by, who's brain would you want to pick the most?

This is a tough one, too.  I'm going with Malcolm Gladwell, and I don't think it's just because I'm reading one of his books right now.  He's been able to interview and research really cool people and ideas.  I think it would be interesting to talk to him about how his brain works and where his ideas come from.  

Cardigan: Old Navy
Tee & Jeans: Gap
Scarf: Target 
Boots: Steve Madden
  Pink Heels Pink Truck

11 comments:

  1. I love your book posts! I'm pretty excited that we have a snow day today because that means some extra reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel exactly the same way about envisioning characters in books - I don't have a vision but I have a definite opinion when I find out the actor who was cast. Jason Bateman being cast in This is Where I Leave You is one that I think they nailed - he's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great in blue, my friend! And thanks for the sweet/honest comment on my blog post today - I always smile when I see your name pop up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot Eat Pray Love! Got to add that to my list! Hated it.

    http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2014/01/21/literary-junkies-13/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't finish A Casual Vacancy. And I never bothered with Eat Pray Love because it just seems so cheesy. I should keep an open mind and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about Eat Pray Love- hated the book AND the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice combination and a great style thanks for share.
    80s Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never made it past the 3rd chapter of The Casual Vacancy. I always forget that Eat Pray Love was a book because I saw the movie and didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never read Eat, Pray, Love but I saw the movie and thought it was pretty boring so I probably wouldn't like the book either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I didn't finish the casual vacancy, but good to know it didn't get any better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading this and getting to know you. You are a girl who loves books just as much as me. You still manage to read more though. I barely have time to read blogs these days, due to my baby. Anyway, you look great. I want a Cobalt Cardigan. It might be the only color I am missing. Cobalt always looks great with Black+White. A Polka Dot Scarf is another thing I must have. =D

    ReplyDelete