Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Navy Tights




The last time I wore this dress, I said it was probably going away for the winter.  And then you guys were all like "Navy tights!" and I was like "OF COURSE!"  I didn't have any navy tights, but I promptly bought some, and now this is a year-round dress.  Brilliant.

Navy tights are a little weird for me.  They definitely remind me of my uniform-wearing school years. We had to wear quite unattractive skirts, that were also not great in the winter.  And we could only wear navy tights, so I had several pairs. I only wore tights on the coldest days, because I hated them.  Ten years later, I wear tights at least 50% of the time over the winter.  Funny how things change!

Also, ONE WEEK UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!

Cardigan: J.Crew Factory
Dress: Banana Republic
Belt: Gap
Tights: Old Navy
Boots: Steve Madden

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's one week until Christmas, and I'm still in school. Not cool. But you know what is cool? This dress with navy tights. I suspected it would work out. I really like the way the belt and boots coordinate so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One week! It's crazy, I am definitely running out of time to get stuff done. I'm not really a fan of tights in general, but my navy ones are probably my favorite, because they are really versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tights...unless I accidentally buy control top then I hate them. I love all of the pretty colors in this dress, and isn't it great having blogland give you so many ideas for stuff you would've ordinarily stashed away for the season/donated/etc?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how this turned out with the tights. The colorful stripes are a perfect way to brighten up these gloomy days. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit! I'm glad you tried it with the navy tights, because it looks LOVELY! I agree with you - I used to HATE wearing tights, and now I love it :) I'm with Danielle, though - control top sucks.

    ReplyDelete