Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Mrs. Candy





On Wednesday evening, on of my 5th grade girls decided that she would call me "Mrs. Candy" instead of "Andi."  I've never given her candy, so I think she's just excited about rhyming stuff.  Kids are so weird.

Another random/funny story from Wednesday.  One of the girls is pretty tall, and she was talking about how people think she's in high school instead of 6th grade.  I told her I could relate, because I was a really tall kid, too.  I explained that I was pretty much my current height by 6th grade.  Another girl was like "WHOA, YOU WERE A GIANT 6th GRADER!" and then the first girl said "Don't make her feel bad about it!" 

Don't worry - I'm over any insecurities I had about being a giant kid. 

Cardigan: Old Navy
Chambray: J.Crew Factory
Jeans: Limited
Shoes: Gap

6 comments:

  1. Haha I was always really tall as a kid too, and yeah I was about as tall as I am now in 6th grade too. Which meant I was taller than my 4'11" mom really young! I love the leopard shoes with this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. In 3rd grade, I was the second tallest girl in the class (the first one had me beat by a lot- she was a giant, haha). But when I got to 4th grade (new school, new state), I was just as tall as the rest of the lot. Now (at 5'7") I am okay with my shortness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've gotten past your insecurities! Kids are very weird, about rhyming and pointing out anyone who is different. :/ My kid is headed in the same direction, she's easily a head taller than every other kid in her class, and is the size of a 6-7 yo instead of the 4 yo she is. I hope she's able to overcome her other-ness like you did. :) Maybe one day she'll be blogging cute outfits just like you! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are hilariously candid, and honest! I was even shrimpier than now when I was in 6th grade, that I remember well! I like the layer of a buttoned cardigan. It's almost like a button-up shirt, just adding another texture! The color is great too!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I work with kids, too, and the things they say are too funny. You definitely need to have a thick skin sometimes :) Love the white and red together!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cuuute, Mrs. Candy! I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete