Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Goals Review




This is the outfit I wore to John's office Christmas party a few weeks ago.  It's the same dress I wore back in 2011, but I don't think anyone noticed.  I felt festive enough while still having decently comfortable shoes, and a cardigan to keep warm.  Two years ago, I was freezing, and my feet were in severe pain by the end of the night.  See, I'm learning as I go!

Anyway, as we close out the year, I need to do my final goal review.  I had 6 goals for 2013.  I did monthly check-ins, except for November.  It probably would have matched October pretty closely. 

The short story for December is that I worked out A LOT.  Like 6 times a week for the first 3 weeks.  I even went to a Zumba class in Indiana!  I didn't sew anything, or cook consistently, or do any projects around the house.  I stuck to my budget, and I read several books.  So 50/50 for the month.  And I kind of feel like exercise is my top priority, so I feel good about that!

Here's my annual summary:
  • Do a Project - mostly sewing.   50% success rate, with a generous definition of "projects."  I did a couple re-fashions, but I didn't do any serious sewing projects.  I'd really like to start sewing more, but it's just hard to find the time.  Maybe in 2014.
  • Work out 3x a week - on Jan 1, I decided I would set up a reward system for this.  Then I didn't actually do the rewards system at all.  I think I was about 75% successful with this one.  In the beginning of the year, I just couldn't stay healthy, so I would be good for 2-3 weeks and then off for 1-2 weeks.  I'm getting better at making myself go to the gym, and tracking with My Fitness Pal is helping, too.  
  • Tackle a Project around the house - well, I never made my list of things to do, but I think I did a decent job of getting stuff done.  We painted the guest bathroom, and half of the basement.  I also did some serious de-cluttering in our various closets, and took several bags to Goodwill or consignment.  I should really make that list so I know what I should be doing!  
  • Cook a "real" meal at least 3 days each week - this is my worst category.  I'm just inconsistent, and I haven't figured out a good system to be more consistent.  
  • Stick to a clothing budget - WIN!  I was almost $100 under budget for the year.  YAY!
  • Read 50 books in the year - WIN!  This is my second year reading 50 books, and I cut it close again.  
So, I did pretty well on 3 categories, passable on 2, and failed on one.  Overall, I am confident that making goals and having monthly check-ins has helped me to better than I would have otherwise.  I need to think about my 2014 goals, but I'll be sure to keep myself accountable again!

Dress: Ann Taylor
Cardigan: Old Navy
Necklace: InPink
Tights: Target
Shoes: J.Crew Factory

5 comments:

  1. Well you should feel good about all those goals you've completed, you set a lot for yourself this year! I'm definitely going to focus more on fitness and exercise next year. I've been sick a lot in the last month and haven't worked out hardly at all and I really don't like that. Cute outfit too, your new wedges look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! You plowed through 2013 goals! Can't wait to see what your 2014 ones are!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty outfit, you look great! At least you set goals, that's further along then I am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad over all! The monthly check-ins were a good idea. I was on MFP a couple years ago, and picked it back up again recently, it's been a huge motivator for me! I'm "tsarinalilo" if you want to be friends. ;) Good luck with this year's goals, whatever they end up being!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done this year, Andi! I think that, even though you weren't 100% happy with how all of your goals turned out, I think it's awesome that you did knock so many of them out of the park! That's way more than what I could say :) I'm thinking about getting back on the My Fitness Pal bandwagon again...I need that kind of structure!

    ReplyDelete