Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Praying Mantis Invasion




I feel weird about this outfit.  It seemed like a good idea when I put it on, and then when I got to work, I felt like a clown.  I think there's just too much going on here.  So, it was an awkward day, made all the more awkward by the following story.

In a rare turn of events, I took outfit pictures before I went to work.  It was a fiasco.  The sun was coming up over the house, so there was just a little corner by the screen door for taking pictures.  I set up and started snapping away, when I noticed...  PRAYING MANTIS INVASION!  That may be a bit dramatic, but there were TWO and they really looked like they were trying to break into our house.  Terrifying.  THEN a squirrel jumped off the roof onto the tree branch right over my head and a bunch of leaves fell.  And then I couldn't see what happened to the one praying mantis, so I felt very nervous.  Then I found him, and he was lower down on the screen, but still looked threatening.  They are just very creepy creatures

And on top of all that, our neighbors are getting new siding, and there were 2 worker guys walking in and out of their backyard who were probably wondering what the weird girl next door was doing.  Oh, nothing - just taking pictures of my outfit to post on the internet, and scheming how to get back into my house without riling up the praying mantises of doom.  

Tee & Cardigan: Gap
Necklace: won in giveaway
Jeans: Limited
Shoes: Payless

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I can only imagine the scene. Praying mantis's are so freaky! They look like little aliens with their eyes. I don't think the outfit looks bad. It looks like you pulled all the colors from your necklace and played off that. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH!!!! I shivered just thinking about what you are going through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I probably would have been freaking out a bit haha. Any time bugs seem like they are trying to get into my "space" I just can't handle it. I like your outfit. I think the two tops complement each other really well and the polka dot jeans looks like regular jeans at first too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I probably would have been freaking out a bit haha. Any time bugs seem like they are trying to get into my "space" I just can't handle it. I like your outfit. I think the two tops complement each other really well and the polka dot jeans looks like regular jeans at first too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an all-around terrible scenario! Sorry to hear you felt like a clown. I don't think you look like one, if it's any consolation. I really like the pink, white, and blues together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This literally had me giggling. You never think that style blogging could be dangerous or scary, but I love all the stories of what happens as you're taking pictures! I'm glad the evil praying mantises didn't get you! And I don't think you look like a clown, either. The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a funny story! I'm glad your survived :). Look at pictures of outfits you love wearing but don't like when yo use the pictures is the worst, sometimes I'd rather just think I look great then get über critical of myself,.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your posts always crack me up! I love your necklace with top and cardigan!

    ReplyDelete