Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Favorite Color




As I mentioned earlier this week, I started a new adventure as an Awana leader this year.  Wednesday night was the kickoff and I can already tell these girls are going to be a lot of fun (and completely exhausting)!  When we got to our classroom, we asked the girls what they wanted to know about the leaders, and then went around and introduced ourselves, answering a couple of their questions.  Then we broke into smaller groups and I was with 3 girls (5th and 6th graders).  I asked them a few questions, and then asked if they had any other questions for me.  The most important thing:

What is your favorite color?!    

As with most "favorite" questions, I have a really hard time deciding.  I explained that I like bright colors, but my favorite is probably pink.  Their reaction surprised me:  "Ewww,   uuugghhhh!"

Then I remembered being in 5th grade.  My best friend and I were total tomboys and promised each other we would NEVER EVER wear anything pink.  EVER!  A few years later we were both regularly wearing pink things, and always jokingly acted betrayed when the other person wore pink.

I told the girls about this, and warned them that they may actually like the color pink at some point in the future.  They assured me that this was impossible.

Then they told me their favorite colors and asked me if I liked that color, too.  Blue, green, red - yep, those are all great colors!

So, what's your favorite color?

Tank: Gap
Shorts: Loft
Sandals: Love Culture

8 comments:

  1. My favorite color used to be green. Oh how I loved green, especially emerald. Now though I am a complete pink girl! Andrew even knows this and said if it made me happy I could even have a pink bedroom. Now that is love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that I'm stumped at your question? I just can't pick one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I'm stumped at your question? I just can't pick one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids: Lots of fun, totally exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :)

    http://huggiesandheels.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switched back and forth between pink and purple growing up, depending on whether I wanted to feel girly or feel anti-girly. Ha. Around high school, all I wanted to buy were black or white tops. I can't tell you my current favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favorite colors are pink and black and blue :) i can't decide on one color ;)
    i really like your outfit,so summery :) following you now on gfc,maybe you want to do the same? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hey, shorts twin! ;) Love this look! I totally loved pink when I was a little girl (I was SUPER girly), but as I hit middle school, I really liked blue...in high school, I liked red and green, and in college, I was back to pink. I do actually think that every color has a perfect setting (so, while I don't love wearing brown clothing, I love it for home decor stuff), but I am ALWAYS drawn to deep purples as my favorite color in general!

    ReplyDelete