July was ridiculous! By my calculations, I basically had one normal week. First, my sister and nieces were in town. The day they left was the day VBS started, which meant I was working all day and at church until late evening. The next weekend, John and I spent all day Saturday at the golf thing. Then I had about 5 days of normal before we left for an epic road trip to Montana. Needless to say, the goal review isn't going to look good. No judging, okay?
- Do a project, mostly sewing - nope (but I should get a few bonus points for the art project I did with my nieces)
- Work out 3x a week - I'm going to be tricky on this one, because it's my goal review and I make the rules. When my family was here, we were pretty active, with a zoo day, and walking around at the pedestrian bridge, plus just generally running around the backyard and going to the park, etc. The week of VBS, I was chasing 4 year old kids around and doing a lot of hand motions to the songs, which has to count for something. I did go to the gym 4 times during the "normal" week. And I went hiking 3 of the days in Montana, so I think I should get credit for exercise this month, at least.
- Tackle a project around the house - nope
- Cook a "real" meal at least 3 days each week -this is hard when we aren't even home! I'm not sure I cooked a real meal 3 times in the entire month!
- Stick to a clothing budget - success!
- Read 50 books in 2013. One thing that vacation helps with! I finished 5 books and am partway through 2 others, so I'm back on track with this annual goal. I currently have 8 books checked out from the library, because everything on my hold list became available at the same time. Prioritization is going to be tricky!
August is looking a little less hectic, so I'm hoping to get back into some good habits!
Skirt: Gap (refashioned dress)
Sandals: Carlos Santana
Purse: Dooney and Bourke