Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Reunion Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  As I mentioned on Friday, John and I headed down to Wichita for my high school 10 year reunion.  It was a quick trip down and back, but it was a blast to see everyone and catch up with old friends.  Saturday morning, I met up with 3 of my best friends from high school to catch up before the official reunion.  I've been friends with these girls since 2nd, 5th, and 9th grade and am so blessed to have them in my life!
Lynelle, Laura, Andi, Erin - Now

Andi , Lynelle, Erin, Laura - Then

Then John and I met up with my aunt and uncle for lunch and got to catch up with them a little bit.  And then we did some really important things, like going to Heavenly Sno to get the world's best sno cone. 

The reunion started out at the school, where we had a BBQ feast (which was delicious) and got to see all the additions they have made to the building.  When I was there, we basically had one hallway, the commons and the gym.  They now have a whole new wing with an auditorium and another gym.  It's sort of crazy.  After that, we went to the Fox&Hound for more hanging out and chatting.  I'm not the most objective opinion (since I helped plan it), but I think the evening was a great success!  

I mostly got caught up in chatting with everyone and forgot to take pictures, but I did get one with another of my favorite people - Tessa!  We hadn't seen each other since 2008, which is just way too long.  We are now scheming ways to see each other more often.  A road trip to Wisconsin might need to happen soon.  


And here's one of (almost) the whole group at the reunion.  Pay no attention to the pool table obstructing half of the group.  When you are in a restaurant/bar party room, you just have to make it work.


In a complete fashion blogger fail, I didn't take any official outfit photos.  You can kind of tell that I was wearing my pink shorts and lace top.

It was so great to catch up with everyone and meet the spouses!  I may be biased, but I think my graduating class is pretty great!  Did you (or will you) go to your high school reunion?

6 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the before/after pics of you and your friends. It looks like the party was a big success with all the people! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great time and a great turn out! Yay! So glad you got to see your old friends :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lot of fun, it must have been so nice to catch up with old friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH! We were in Wichita on the same weekend! I wish I could have seen you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't gone to a HS reunion yet, but I'm also not certain I want that honesty...I am getting old, wah! And what a great turn out of classmates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. [Yes!! Drive to Wisconsin, and stop in Minnesota on the way!!! :)]

    ReplyDelete