Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Timeless Polka Dots





Are you ready for an epic remix post?  Because if my memory is correct, I've had this skirt for about 15 years.  I really wish I could find a picture of teenage Andi in it, but for some reason, I didn't take pictures of all my outfits back then.  I remember mostly wearing it with my favorite hot pink tank top and a gray cardigan (and probably some awkward platform flip-flops by Steve Madden).

I bought this at Express in (I think) 1997 or 1998.  That was back when they always had an additional 50% off clearance merchandise.  Pretty sure this skirt set me back $15.  People talk about cost/wear, but I'm talking about cost/year and we are at $1.  Seriously, probably one of my best shopping decisions ever.

Here are 12 other ways I've worn this skirt over the last year-ish:
1,2,3,4
5,6,7,8
9,10,11,12
Shirt: J.Crew factory
Belt: Old Navy
Skirt: Express
Shoes: Born
Purse: thrifted







8 comments:

  1. I love that you have held on to this skirt for so long. It just proves that classics like this never go out of style. I really like the skirt paired with the argyle sweaters! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've had so many different ideas with this skirt, what a great piece! I'm going to have to steal some of these ideas for my own polka dot skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome! It looks like it's in great shape still. I have a few pieces of clothing from college, but nothing from high school(97 or 98 I would've been in HS) , so I tip my hat to your saving ways.

    Also, we are almost twinsies today! WEll, I wore a polka dot pencil skirt, but mine is less than 6 months old and it's navy not black(or is your's navy? I keep going back and forth) But close. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great skirt! I actually just got a polka dot skirt from LOFT and this is great inspiration :)
    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt. SO cute with chambray! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitely a timeless skirt! And um, so jealous that you can fit into clothes you bought 15 years ago...haha!

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm impressed you still have it, it still fits, and it's still in style! Who knew!? Haha. I love it. I can't believe all the different ways you've worn it, too! I recently bought a polka dot skirt that I've had a little trouble styling. I'll need to look back to this post for inspiration!!

    theoriginalbrynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should clarify - I'm definitely not the same size as I was 15 years ago. The only reason this skirt still fits is because it has an elastic waistband!

    ReplyDelete