Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flowers and More Showers

  




Even though it hasn't really felt like spring very much, I'm excited to jump on the floral bandwagon and link up with Bri for Third Thursday Threads!  Plus I found my fancy flower umbrella just in time for more rain (and the flower-themed link up).

Whitney's recent post reminded me that I love how stripes look with floral.  If you are new to the idea of mixing prints, I'd recommend starting out by selecting prints in the same color family.  The navy and white of these prints "go together" and make it a little less crazy than some other print mixing options.

You may or may not notice that I chopped about 4 inches off my hair.  It feels really short to me, but I doubt anyone else will notice, since it is still pretty long, but it used to reach almost to my elbows!  It's sort of dangerously close to being triangle hair, but that is always a risk when I get a haircut.  My curls feel much lighter and springier, unlike the weather.

And finally, I had another wardrobe malfunction.  Around noon, I noticed a snagged thread on my tights and thought I could just snip it off.  Mistake.  A small hole appeared immediately, and as the day progressed, it turned into a giant run.  So, I will be looking for a new pair of gray tights, but hopefully not until next fall!

Shirt: Gap
Belt: Chinese Laundry via TJ Maxx
Skirt: Bass Outlet
Tights: Target
Boots: Wanted via Piperlime
Umbrella:  Birthday gift from my parents (Thanks, Mom and Dad!)

5 comments:

  1. Another cute umbrella! Bummer about your tights too. I hate when that happens.

    I agree about pattern mixing. It can be intimidating at first, but your advice is spot on. I love this! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, I hate when tights rip on you! That top is super cute and I love the stripes/floral combo lately too. What a cute umbrella :)
    Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am visiting from Bri's linkup today, and love how you mixed florals and stripes in this outfit! Your umbrella is so cute too! I'm following you on GFC and Bloglovin now, and would really appreciate if you can check out my blog too when you have a chance. =)

    Avec Amber

    Thanks so much!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your umbrella!!!! SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I love these stripes and florals together! And to do it when the weather is rainy - we're in the same boat, girl!! I love that umbrella - I don't see many cute, fun ones - I'm now on the hunt!! As always, thanks SO much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete