Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Bloglovin'




By now, you've probably heard that Google Reader (and maybe Google Friend Connect) is going away.  When I heard the news, I switched to Bloglovin for my daily blog reading.  It was really easy to make the switch, and I was able to import my Google Reader blogs into Bloglovin.

Pros:
  • It was a good time to trim down my list of blogs.  The list had grown so much that I was missing out on the ones I really wanted to read.
  • Bloglovin seems easier to make groups of blogs, and mark certain ones as read.  

Con:
  • I have to open each blog to read the full post.  Google Reader had the full post most of the time (depending on the blogger settings).  I don't think it actually takes longer, but it seems annoying to have to open each blog in a new tab.

One thing I have heard/read from other bloggers is that it will be nice for GFC to go away, because then we won't all be so focused on the number of followers.  I don't really get this, because Bloglovin' still tells you a number of followers.

Anyway, if you are currently using Google Reader, I would recommend Bloglovin as an alternative.  You can import your GR subscriptions, or just start fresh.  You can find and follow me here!

PS - I'm being an outfit copycat again.  I don't think I would have thought of combining yellow, pink, and purple, but this picture inspired me!  I was going to wait until it was warm, but I got impatient, and I really like how the denim jacket and gray boots tone down the crazy bright colors. 


Shirt: Gap
Scarf: Charming Charlie
Skirt: Sunny Leigh via Macy's
Boots: Wanted via Piperlime

4 comments:

  1. Bloglovin' has taken some time to get used to, but I've actually come to like it better than Reader. I don't have to open mine each in a separate tab... When I open the first blog it opens a new tab and then at the top I have buttons that say "newer, older, and oldest" that let me skip from blog to blog in the same tab. I use Google Chrome, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference. Oh, and, the Bloglovin' app is great for reading on your phone or whatever. Much easier than reading them from Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check that out. I guess I thought those older/newer buttons would take me to older or newer posts on that same blog. I haven't used the app either! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  2. I agree, it's been a big adjustment switching over to Bloglovin, but the feature to import all your GFC blogs was nice and very easy.

    This outfit combo is great! Bright colors make me happy :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! This is one of my favorite color combinations and I wore a similar combo out in California a couple of weeks ago. I've gotten used to Bloglovin' and Miss August is right, if you open the tab, the next tab is for the next unread blog in your bloglovin' queue.

    ReplyDelete