Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

5 Days, 5 Ways - Leopard Top

 

This weekend, I did some closet cleaning, which resulted in a trip to the consignment shop.  I also found some old favorites in the back of my closet that have been neglected.  So, I am late to the "no longer neglected" party, but I'm jumping in here in the last week.  This leopard tank top is the only clothing item I have sewn from scratch.  I wore it a few times last winter/spring, and then apparently forgot about it.  Time to bring it back!  The above outfit was perfect for an impromptu dinner date on Saturday evening.

This is also Day 1 of the 5 Days, 5 Ways link up challenge with Whitney and Fran.  These are 2 of my favorite bloggers, so I'm excited to play along, and see what everyone else puts together.
 

Here are 4 ways I have previously worn this shirt, along with today's look (get it, 5 ways!).
1/2/3/4/5

Goal for sometime this summer: wear this top without a cardigan!  It can stand on its own, I just tend to wear it on cooler days, like a Saturday in late March, when it is snowing.  All of my summery tops are now at the front of my closet, so I hope the weather cooperates soon and I can stop wearing giant sweaters one of these days!

Outfit details
Cardigan: Gap
Shirt: handmade
Jeans: Old Navy
Boots: Target


9 comments:

  1. You made that leopard tank? That is awesome! My sewing skills are limited, so I always am amazed when people sew real clothes. I really like look #3 with the pencil skirt and teal cardigan. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather took the words right out of my mouth -- err, right from my fingertips? Eh, either way, I completely agree with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looks! I am planning to sew a couple of spring tops for myself...I might need to be on the lookout for some leopard fabric! Do you know what the fabric blend is on this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'm jealous of your sewing skills :) What a fun, versatile piece! I look forward to seeing how you style this top in warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. You have gorgeous hair. I always have an appreciation for a fellow curly girl.

    2. I'm digging your cardigan collection!

    3. All of these outfits look great on you :)

    4. You made that top? You're my hero.

    -Danielle
    littlebitofwowe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very cool that you made that tank. I'd love to see what it looks like with a fun summery look, maybe with some bright colored bottoms? I'm the same way though, most of my tanks get worn when it's cooler and I can layer them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I'm so impressed you made that top yourself! I think the outfit on the far left is my favorite, with the white cardigan and black pencil skirt. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that top! You are so talented (and creative)! I have a leopard print top that needed some inspiration, so thanks!
    W

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so different each way you've worn it! I think that's the sign of a remixing master. Thank you so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete