Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

One Hit Wonder


 


There are rumors in the blog-o-sphere that some fashion bloggers buy clothes, wear them for their blog, and then return them.  I think that's pretty ridiculous, but I accidentally did it with this dress.  I wore this last Tuesday, and during a meeting, I noticed a little hole near the hem.  As the day progressed, the hole got bigger and bigger.  You can kind of see it in the above pictures, but here's a close-up:  



I went to Old Navy to exchange it, but they were sold out completely.  I'm a little disappointed, because I love a good striped dress, but it's probably for the best.   The funny thing is that I was $10 over my January budget, but now that I've returned this dress, I'm right on track.  I've updated my budget post from last week, so it will be true.

Also, starting tomorrow, I am going to try a modified version of "Take One, Pass It On" remix challenge that Sarah devised.  Her version involves picking one item each day to wear again in a different way the next day.  I'm afraid of my co-workers noticing and judging me if I wear the same thing 2 days in a row, so I am going to do a weekly "pass-along."  Each day this week, I will be re-mixing an item from one of my posts from last week.  Then the next week, I'll pick from this week's posts, etc.  I'm not allowed to"Pass Along" the same item, either.  I can wear it again, but it can't be my focal item again.  I'm going to try to do this for the rest of February!    

Dress: Old Navy
Cardigan: Marisa Kristina
Belt: Limited
Necklace: Charmin Charlie
Boots: Target

5 comments:

  1. Gutting about the dress, I like the pass it along challenge though, that sounds like a great idea. Sadly I am in the middle of working loads in my day job, and I sadly have a uniform! So not getting to wear any fun clothes at the moment.
    Daisy Dayz Blog
    Daily Craft Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm glad it worked out for your budget, but I would be so sad about the dress! I do love how you paired it with a colorful sweater and necklace though.

    Jess - J's Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major bummer on the dress! If you are looking for a similar one for February, I saw this beauty at Target. I can't wait to see how you take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. link: http://www.target.com/p/merona-women-s-a-line-dress-black-white-stripe/-/A-14365827#prodSlot=medium_1_5

      Delete
  4. I'm so bummed to hear that your dress got such a big hole in it - I guess the upside is that you are no at budget instead of over. But still!

    and personally I feel like bloggers cheat by buying and returning all the time. What is there to get out of that?

    ReplyDelete