Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Brick Wall

 




Take One, Pass It On Item:  polka dot cardigan from last Monday

**In a less blatant form of copycatting, this outfit is inspired by Kate, again.  I'm still not convinced that a tucked in shirt is the right look for me, but I'm trying to give it a fair shake.

I'm also linking up with Bri for Third Thursday Threads!  The theme this month is polka dots, so it sort of worked out perfectly that I was passing along this cardigan.   

In other news... Look!  A brick wall as a background!  I sort of feel like a legit fashion blogger now.  Lunch dates with quick photo sessions may be the answer to my outfit photo problems.  I have been trying to take pictures in the morning, but I usually have wet hair and sleepy eyes.  And, let's be honest - I get to work late enough without adding 10 minutes for self-timer pictures.  After work, it's dark outside and my outfit is wrinkled from sitting all day.  At lunch, my clothes are only wrinkled by a half-day's worth of sitting, my hair is dry, and my eyes aren't sleepy (which would be relevant if I wasn't wearing sunglasses).  Plus lunch dates are awesome!  

Cardigan and Skirt: Old Navy
Shirt: NY&Co
Belt: Chinese Laundry
Shoes: Seychelles
Purse: Target

7 comments:

  1. I saw this and I was like - whoa! Outside! In the sun! It's beautiful!!

    I love this outfit - and love the way you made Kate's inspiration so YOU! Thanks for linking up, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cardigan! I love this challenge, what a great idea!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are cardi twins! I think I only tucked in my shirt because it was so long otherwise. I've seen a lot of untucked shirt + skirt combos floating around Pinterest, I'd love to see you take another stab at this look someday with the shirt untucked. Either way, congrats on becoming official! Ha :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I have always wanted to pose in front of a brick wall for photos. I love this outfit. You can never go wrong with polka dots! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a really hard time tucking my blouses and shirts in, too! I meant to ask you how you are liking The Fault in Our Stars? My sister recommended it and I am still reading through it on my Nook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dang, you're more of a fashion blogger than I am! I'm always just in the middle of a street - no brick walls around here haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, that purse is from Target? Must acquire cobalt blue bag!

    Brittney

    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete