Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Topknot, Come Down!




There is a story my mom tells about one of the first times she met my dad's parents.  She had her hair up in a bun, and my grandpa started quoting scripture at her.  Matthew 24:17 says "Topknot, come down!" Implying that women shouldn't do their hair in a topknot style. 

It was a joke.  The verse actually says "Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house" but my grandpa was making a little "out of context" Bible joke.  I don't think anyone knew he was joking.  He was sneaky with his humor like that.

I think about that story every time I put my hair up like this, so I figured I should share.

Sweater and Scarf: Gap
Skirt: Express
Boots: BareTraps via DSW
Jacket: Izod

No comments:

Post a Comment