Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Third Quarter Reflection



Where did Jul-Sep go?  I can't believe it is already time to review my goals.  My instinct tells me I am not doing very well, but let's have a look:

1. Be more active!  Um....pass?  Jul-Sep was not awesome for motivation.  I mostly blame my own laziness, but it was also ridiculously hot outside for most of the summer and we were traveling more than usual.  John and I played tennis a few times, but I have not had a consistent routine at all.  I have a coupon for 30 days at Curves, so I am starting that this week.  I've never been to a Curves, so I hope it's a good gym for me! 
2. Be a More Discerning Shopper.  This is so subjective, but I think I am doing better.  I have been trying harder to have list in mind of things I want to add to my wardrobe instead of just buying whatever is cute and on sale.  Just this past weekend, I had an armload of clearance dresses from Banana Republic that I was going to try on, because they were like $15 each!  Then I thought about it, and realized they were all summer dresses that wouldn't transition into fall/winter very well.  And I wasn't sure I would like any of them next summer, so I put them back without even taking the time to try on.  That's progress, my friends!
3. Be a better wife!  Mostly in the realm of dinner preparation.  I haven't been keeping track of this, but I think I am doing better.  I should really have a measurable goal for this.  I'll have to think about that and determine one. 
4. Be more creative!   The beginning of July was a good time for creativity.  I made the July 4th tank top, and fixed up my purse from Goodwill.   I also recently painted my front door, which is kind of creative, right?  I'm also re-decorating the hall bathroom, and am halfway through attempting this project.     
5.  Read 50 books in 2012.  It was a good quarter for reading, at least!  I read 17 books in Jul-Sep and am now at 40 for the year, which puts me 3 books ahead of schedule.   I was worried I wouldn't be able to hit my goal on this, but I feel like I am on track now.  Just have to read 10 books in the next 3 months - shouldn't be a problem!


Top: J. Crew
Cardigan: Gap
Skirt: Old Navy
Shoes: Michelle D via Dillard's

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time not buying clearance things! i'm trying to do better!

    ReplyDelete