Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

The Best Imitation of Myself

Happy Monday and Happy October!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend!  John and I ventured down to Kansas City and had a pretty awesome time!  


Friday night, we went to the Ben Folds Five concert at the Starlight Theatre (really cool venue!).  I've been to several Ben Folds concerts over the years (in fact, I was trying to count and I can't remember all of them), but hadn't ever seen Ben Folds Five in concert.  


It was a really great show and they played mostly old stuff, but a few off the new album.  If you haven't seen it yet, you should go watch the video for their new single (featuring the Fraggles).

After the concert, we ventured over to hang out with one of our good friends who lives in KC.  Ben made a delicious breakfast for us on Saturday morning and then I tricked the guys into letting me go shopping while they went to the shooting range.  I only bought 2 things, but I am pretty excited about them! 
J.Crew skirt

Not exact, but I found similar boots to these that I pinned recently!

Then we met back up and did some bowling.  I'm not a great bowler, and usually do not break 100 in a game.  We bowled 2 games and (unbelievably) I got 100 in my first game and 102 in my second!  I even got a few strikes!  It was ridiculous!

Saturday evening, we went to a birthday party for one of Ben's friends in KC and it was a lot of fun.  They were very kind to let 2 strangers crash the party.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend!  I just kind of fail at taking pictures.  I mean, I really should have taken pictures of us bowling instead of just the scoreboard.  Blogger fail!

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment