Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Incognito

Confession:  I'm not much of a Halloween person.  I don't remember going trick-or-treating as a kid at all.  I also don't remember dressing up most years, although there is evidence I was Minnie Mouse in preschool, and I have a vague memory of being a bunny rabbit one year.

As a grown-up, I don't really have much use for Halloween.  Our church does host a "Harvest Party", where kids wear costumes and play games and stuff.  A couple years ago, we were helping out with one of the games, and someone told us that most of the adults wear costumes, too.  About 2 days before the event, we threw together a pretty awesome couples costume (if I may say so myself!)

As it turns out, most of the adults were NOT wearing costumes, but we were very popular with the kids.  This one girl was probably 7 or 8, and she came up to me just freaking out, like "Oh my goodness!  Princess Peach!  You are totally my hero!  I am always you on MarioKart, I mean, ALWAYS!"  It was so funny.  Then there was a little boy dressed as Mario, but he had the "real" costume, which is all polyester, and he was very jealous of John's real overalls.  

This next photo is not from Halloween, but it's just awesome.  John's sister had a movie-themed costume party when she turned 17, and we went as Han Solo and Princess Leia.  

I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!  Do any of you have fun costumes??


No comments:

Post a Comment