Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Overlook




I think these are the only legit outfit photos from our trip.  We got dressed a little bit nicer for dinner one night, and I figured I should pose with the Southwestern decor.  I didn't even notice the kachina behind me!

Earlier that day, we took a walk from the house and ended up here:


These were taken from Overlook Park, which is just right in their neighborhood.  It kind of blows my mind that John's grandparents live less than a mile away from such an amazing view.  I guess it's a pretty popular spot for tourists to stop and take pictures.  John's grandma told me that she ran into a tourist there recently who said "well, now I don't have to go to the Grand Canyon!"  She told him he might still want to give the Grand Canyon a shot.  I mean, the Overlook is beautiful, but it's not quite as epic as the Grand Canyon.

You can hike down to the Rio, which we did back in October 2006.  It was quite a bit cooler in the fall, so we skipped the hike this time, but I would recommend it if you ever go there.

Outfit details:
Cardigan and shirt: Gap
Scarf: H&M
Shorts: J.Crew
Sandals: Carlos Santana





No comments:

Post a Comment