Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Second Quarter Reflection





Is 2012 really halfway over already!?  Where does the time go?  I can't believe it's time for my quarterly update on how my yearly goals are going.  I actually cringed a little bit because I don't think I've been doing very well!  I'm going to make a few excuses, that we have had more going on, with trips and family visiting, so I haven't had as much freedom in my schedule.  So, here's the quarterly roundup on my goals!

1.  Be more active!  I feel like I am failing in this regard, but maybe I am being too hard on myself.  I finished out my Groupon in April, and then spent a few weeks just doing random stuff at home.  We played tennis a few times, or went on walks.  Since I knew some of the Zumba routines from class pretty well, I was just pulling up the songs on YouTube and rocking out in my basement.  Is that embarrassing?  Probably.  When we got back from vacation in May, I started my 2 month deal with Jazzercise.  I was going pretty consistently for about 2 weeks, and then I went to Phoenix and then my sister was visiting.  So far, I haven't done much organized exercise in June, but I was running around at the park quite a bit with two crazy 7-yr-olds!  That has to count for something.  I recently started Jazzercise classes again, and am going to really try going 3 times a week for the next few weeks until my deal expires.  After that, I don't know what I will get myself into!  I need to find something I can be consistent about, that is for sure!
2. Be a More Discerning Shopper.   This one is difficult to measure.  In the first quarter, I did a shopping ban, so I could say I was successful with that.  I have been shopping quite a bit so far in Apr-Jun, but I think I am making wiser choices.  I'm trying to spend a little more money on quality things that I will wear frequently.  And I'm trying to avoid buying trendy or cheap pieces just because they are 7 dollars!  I think I am doing ok, just ignore the crazy shoes I am wearing in these pictures! (9 dollars!).  I am working on cleaning out my closet, and I want to make a list of items I should be looking for, so I have some plan when I go shopping.  Then I might try another loose shopping ban, where I'm only allowed to buy things on the list.  We will see!
3. Be a better wife!  Mostly in the realm of dinner preparation. This one is similar to goal #1.  I am just really inconsistent.  I'll be really good for a few weeks, but then we have things going on in the evenings, or I don't have time to go to the grocery store, and it is just easier to run to a restaurant.  I think this particular goal is going to be an ongoing struggle for me!
4. Be more creative!  Now this one I am totally winning!  As evidenced by my recent DIY blog posts, I've been having fun trying out all the ideas I have pinned.  On a random Tuesday in April, I finally made this monogram wreath for our front door.   When my sister was visiting, we did several fun projects.  I also got creative for my parents' anniversary present.   Then last weekend, John was gone all day Saturday, so I turned it into a craft extravaganza day.  I'm still working through blog posts, but I made a skirt, dyed some old white clothes, and tried (and maybe failed) turning one of John's old dress shirts into a tank top for me.  Wednesday evening, I got together with some friends for a really fun art project.  My nieces told me I was one of the craftiest people they know.  I asked them if they meant "good at crafts" or "sneaky" and they said both.  I'll take it!
5.  Read 50 books in 2012. 
This is a lofty goal for me, but I think I can do it!  At the moment, I have read 23 books, which puts me 2 books behind schedule.  I think this is mostly due to June being so busy.  I think I can get back on track pretty soon.  I just picked up 3 books from my hold-shelf at the library, which should all be pretty quick reads. 

So, maybe I am slacking at working out and cooking dinner, but at least I am good the important stuff, like reading and DIY projects!  Wait... maybe I need to rearrange my priorities. 

How are you doing on your 2012 goals?  Any great advice for how I can be more consistent at exercise and dinner preparation?

Outfit details:
Top and cami: Gap
Jeans: Jessica Simpson
Shoes: Target

No comments:

Post a Comment