Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Becoming My Mother



Last week, I went into the Gap for the first time since my shopping spree in December.  When my shopping ban was over, I had big ideas that I wouldn't just run to Gap, but I'd try new places and diversify my wardrobe.  So, I looked around some other stores last week when I was at the mall, and didn't find much.  Then I saw Gap and it just looked so inviting!  They had some great sales, and an additional 30% off all markdowns.

I tried on about a million things.  OK, maybe more like 25, but that's a lot.  In the dressing room, I was trying on this dress and I had one of those moments where I felt like my mom.  I'm looking at this dress trying to determine if it is black or navy.  I was pretty much going to get it either way, but I just couldn't quite tell.  I blame it on the lighting in the store.  When I got home, it was obviously navy.  So Mom, I'm sorry for all those times I laughed at you for asking me if something was black or navy. 

I ended up getting this dress, a trench coat, and three striped shirts.  And I paid significantly less in the store than the prices online. 

Dress: Gap
Belt: Francescas
Cardigan: Marisa Kristina
Shoes: BCBGeneration

1 comment:

  1. I went to Gap today and didn't see that dress! It is so cute - I love the pattern. I also like it with the pink cardigan; pink and navy is always a winning combo. (Although pink and black would have been good too, ha!)

    ReplyDelete