Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Quarterly Reflection




The last time I wore this shirt/cardigan combo was on New Year's Eve, with different jeans and shoes.  I was looking at that post, where I kind of made some goals for the year.  We're 1/4 of the way through the year, so I guess now is a good time to see how things are going:
  1. Be more active! In mid-January, I started a month-long membership at a local Gym (from a groupon), and I was going 3-4 times per week.  Then that ended and I had a couple lazy weeks, but then I started a month long Living Social deal at a local dance studio that has Zumba, Pilates, Kickboxing, etc.  I was good for a couple weeks, and then life got busy and I wasn't able to go.  This expires on Sunday, so I am trying to get the most out of my last week.  After that, I have a 2month deal at Jazzercise, which I have heard great things about.  It's also nice outside, so I hope to take advantage of doing fun activities outside!  Swimsuit season is going to be here before I know it, so I need to get it together!
  2. Be a more discerning shopper!  I am in my final week of the 3 month shopping ban, and I didn't even cheat that much.  I'll post next week about that.  I do think this was a good thing, and I have definitely saved money. 
  3. Be a better wife!  Mostly in the realm of dinner preparation.  Yeah, this one hasn't been going so well.  I've tried a couple new recipes, and I did make some freezer meals one weekend which really saved us on busy days.  Maybe the Apr-Jun quarter will be better...
  4. Be more creative!   Again, I was creative in January, but then the weather got nice and life got busier and there's just not time for sewing and other projects.  I made these shoe bows and I made a necklace (worn here), but haven't done any sewing yet this year.  I also bought supplies to make an initial wreath for our front door, but haven't done it yet.  
  5. I forgot to mention this goal in my original post, but I'm trying to read 50 books in 2012.   I've read 11 books, which puts me 2 books behind schedule.  I read 31 books in 2011, so I realize 50 is a lofty goal.  I'm hoping to spend summer Saturdays laying in the sunshine in my backyard and reading, so maybe I can get caught up.  Or I will have to count books I read to my nieces and nephews when they come to visit.  That would get me to 50 pretty quick!

All in all, I'm not perfect, but I do think I'm heading in the right direction on these goals!   I'll try to check in on my goals in early July and see how things are going!

Cardigan:  Loft
Top: Gap
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: BCBGeneration

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! What a great start to meeting your goals. This is inspiration for me to do a quarterly report also. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete